ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE DECISIONS OF THE INQUIRY COMMISSION ON THE STATE OF EMERGENCY MEASURES
(27 May 2022)
The Inquiry Commission on the State of Emergency measures reviews and concludes the applications concerning the measures adopted under the state of emergency decree-laws, such as the dismissal of public officials, cancellation of scholarship, annulment of the ranks of retired personnel and the closure of some institutions. The Commission employs a total of 220 personnel, 70 of whom are rapporteurs (judges, experts, inspectors).
Application Process and Classification
- The Commission has set up a data processing infrastructure in order to receive, archive and examine applications in an electronic environment, and the information on the applications acquired from more than 20 institutions and organizations have been recorded in this system.
- Classification, registration and archiving of a total of 496,822 files, including personnel files transferred from their institutions, court files and former applications, have been completed.
Decisions of the Commission
- By the decree-laws issued within the scope of the state of emergency, a total of 131,922 measures were taken, 125,678 of which were dismissal from public service.
- The number of applications submitted to the Commission is 127,130 as of 27 May 2022. Regarding the number of the decisions delivered by the Commission (124,235), the number of pending applications is 2,895.
- The Commission started its decision-making process on 22 December 2017 and as of 27 May 2022, the Commission has delivered 124,235 (17,265 accepted, 106,970 rejected) decisions. 61 of the acceptance decisions are related to the opening of organizations that were shut down (associations, foundations, television channels).
- Accordingly, 98 percent of the applications have been decided since the date of the beginning of the Commission’s decision-making process.
- The decisions of the Commission are circulated to the institutions where the persons lastly took office for the purpose of being notified. The procedure of appointment of those whose applications were accepted is carried out by the institution where they lastly took office and the Council of Higher Education where relevant.
- An annulment action may be brought before the Ankara Administrative Courts determined by the Council of Judges and Prosecutors against the decisions of the Commission and the institution or organization where the relevant person lastly took office, within a period of sixty days as from the date of notification of the decision.
State of Applications
- The applicants are able to acquire information on the stage of the applications filed with the Commission and the outcome of the decision (“acceptance” or “rejection”) through the app of “The Inquiry Commission on State of Emergency Measures- Application Follow-up System” on the Commission’s website.
- The activity report of the Commission was published on the Commission’s website and can be accessed at https://soe.tccb.gov.tr
As an effective remedy, the Commission delivers individualized and reasoned decisions as a result of speedy and extensive examination. The Commission conducts the examination in terms of membership, affiliation, connection or contact with terrorist organizations or structures/entities or groups established by the National Security Council as engaging in activities against the national security of the State. In addition, decisions taken by the judicial authorities are monitored through the UYAP system.
Announced to the public.