THE INQUIRY COMMISSION ON THE STATE OF EMERGENCY MEASURES
The Commission was established with the Decree No. 685. The Commission is in charge of reviewing applications for measures adopted under the state of emergency decree-laws, such as the dismissal of public officials and the closure of some institutions. The Commission is composed of 7 members and employs a total of 250 personnel, 80 of whom are rapporteurs (judges, experts, inspectors).
Application Process and Classification
- The Commission receives electronic applications online 24 hours a day. Applications are made in an electronic environment and print-outs are given to the relevant units in the Ministries, Governorates or Prisons.
- The Commission has set up a data processing infrastructure in order to receive, archive and examine applications in an electronic environment, and all information on the applications have been recorded in this system.
- Information and documents related to applications have been requested from relevant institutions. Sorting and archiving of a total of 451.000 files, including personnel files transferred from their institutions, court files and former applications, have been completed.
Total Number of Decisions
- The number of applications submitted to the Commission is 125.600. The Commission started its decision-making process on 22 December 2017 and as of today the Commission has delivered 50.300 (3.700 accepted, 46.600 rejected) decisions.
- Considering the number of decisions delivered, the number of applications currently under examination is 75.300.
- Decisions of the Commission are conveyed to the institution of most recent employment to be notified to the applicants. Applicants whose applications are accepted by the Commission are appointed by the relevant institution.
- The action for annulment against the decisions of the Commission may be filed with the administrative courts in Ankara.
State of Applications
- A website address was created for applicants who can follow up on their application and learn about the outcome of the decision (Accepted or Rejected) by introducing their national identification number.